Join Aida Mollenkamp for a Food & Wine Trip Through Chic Lombardy
If you've got those airline miles just sitting there, consider putting them to good use and book this culinary trip led by Aida Mollenkamp to the under-appreciated region of Lombardy.
Join Aida Mollenkamp, famed food writer, former Food Network host, and founder of Salt & Wind, as she leads a small group of food and wine lovers through the Lombardy region of Italy.
What to Expect:
Once described as “industrial” or “graffiti covered,” Milan is not the city that many have been led to believe. Two years ago, in 2015, the metropolis was the host of the World Expo and as a result it received a facelift to welcome the 22 million visitors that took to its streets. New restaurants and shops opened, gardens renovated, buildings returned to their glory days, and nothing was lost in the process. It’s a whole new Milan and its culinary offerings are worth a detour.
With Aida by your side, you’ll dine like a true Milanese: From grabbing street food in a hidden alleyway to a five-star meal with a top chef. You’ll visit local markets, dine in the shadows of the magnificent Duomo, linger over pre-dinner aperitivi, have an expert lead you on a food tour of the city’s center, enjoy a day trip (with private villa visit) to Lake Como, eat lunch in magical Brescia inside a family-owned gourmet food store, visit an olive oil mill, lunch lakeside, meet local winemakers in Franciacorta and be treated to a private cooking class.
Each of Aida’s Salt & Wind trips are highly researched and curated. She hand-picks each destination so guests receive an true insider’s view into the region, its people and all the while staying in top-notch accommodations.
• Complimentary morning yoga
• A group concierge available 24/7 to help with any extra events you may want to plan or any health issues
• A photographer who will provide at least 10 edited group photos daily
• Group transportation to/from the airport in Milan and to/from all events listed on the itinerary
• Boutique hotel accommodations with complimentary wifi
• Meals listed in the itinerary (including 1 alcoholic drink at each lunch and dinner)
• Tips for all meals, hotels, drivers, and activity guides
• A few special take-home gifts
The following are not included in the trip price:
• Any incidental expenses
• Tips for photographer and trip hosts
• Required travel insurance (most major credit cards offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card)
• Any extra excursions or events you plan with our concierge
• Transportation from your home to/from Milan, Italy
• Hotel city tax (usually 3 to 5 euros daily) paid directly to the hotel
• Alcohol aside from for 1 alcoholic drink at both lunch and dinner
• October 9-15, 2017, 6 nights/7days
• $3,395 double occupancy
• $4,595 single occupancy
Consider putting your airline miles to good use and book this culinary trip of a lifetime. When you return, not only will you have a group of new friends, you’ll find yourself reflecting upon your experience like remembering a good dream—memories that you’ll cherish for the rest of your life.